Effective date: April 2016
Welcome to goVegn, a crowdsourced vegan item check-in app. Your privacy is very important to us, so please take a moment to review how we collect, use, share and protect information in relation to our mobile services, web site, and any software provided on or in connection with goVegn services (collectively, the "Service"), and your choices about the collection and use of your information.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Personally identifiable information when you set up an account with goVegn, such as cell phone number, user name, and device information. If you chose to use the Service without setting up an account, goVegn will still link your account and a unique identifier generated by goVegn.
- Profile information which may include your name, picture, or phone number. This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on goVegn.
- User Content such as photos, videos, comments, and other content that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and goVegn.
Information you provide us when you use the Service:
- goVegn collects your device location in the form of either a physical address or GPS signals to provide location-based features of our Services, such as showing you local products and services. You may disable this feature, at any time, by changing the settings on your phone.
- We may use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service.
Log file information:
- When you download or use the Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- We may collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by goVegn.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted. For example, Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other's APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that we receive for the following purposes:
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your (subsequent) visits
- provide location-based features of our Services, such as showing you local products and services
- serve you with relevant ads based on your location
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop new products and features of the app
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside goVegn without your consent. The following explains the following conditions under which we share your information and who we share your information with.
- We may access, preserve and share your information or User Content in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using the goVegn API have copied or saved that information.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which goVegn, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- goVegn, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- You may update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- You may at any time decide to turn off location services by updating your choice in your phone settings, however note that you will not be able to check in any items when location services are turned off.
- You may unsubscribe from communications, push notifications at any time by changing the settings on your phone. You may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices.
- If you wish to delete your goVegn account, please email us at email@example.com
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, goVegn, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
goVegn uses commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure. However, goVegn cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to goVegn or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to goVegn make to their services. goVegn is not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
7. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES